Tuesday, January 17, 2006

GAYS! GAYS! GAYS! EVERYWHERE!


Did you see all the homos (or people who pretended to be homos to attract recognition and rave reviews) last night at the Golden Globes? It was utter fabulousness. The gut wrenching Bareback Mountain wrang up four trophies! And even though the dreamy Heath Ledger (who looked delicous enough to lick, savor and swallow ... a few times) didn't win for best actor, Philip Seymour Hoffman won for playing a truly famous gay, Truman Capote. And then there was Felicity Huffman who won for playing a transgendered person! Her speech was very cool. I tell ya, the wingnuts and Parental Adivsory Council must have been up in arms. All this homo propaganda right there on national television! Then all these new homo shows like Book of Daniel and Crumbs! It's surely end times!

And then there was the cast of Will & Grace, my favorite sit-com ever, appearing for the last time together. So sad.

My favorite moment, hands down, was S. Epatha Merckerson's win for Lackawanna Blues. So richly deserved. What an inspiration she is.

And as if movies and TV weren't enough, now Sony is making a gay music label and there's a gay radio station too called "Radio with a Twist." (how creative) There shouldn't be too much to worry about there, because like LOGO they won't really play gay artists, just artists who gay people like, like Madonna. I mean sure Elton or Melissa will show up to, but come on, do they really need the extra exposure? I love the way they define it as "gay friendly artists." I wanna know who the fag-hating artists are. They should get a radio station too.

I read somewhere that LOGO was looking for additional videos from Indies to air on their programming. I feel special that my video was deemed to raw and raunchy for the likes of the children-having-sex advocating MTV owned channel LOGO. Really special.

If I sound bitter, I apologize cuz I'm not at all. Just the opposite. I think what's been happening for homos this last decade is wonderful and promising. I remember a time when I would have rather died than have anybody know I was gay cuz it was that scary to me ... and that wasn't that long ago folks. So, we've come A HELLUVA long way in a few short years. I just find things really hilariously amusing sometimes.

And oh yeah, I wonder what it would be like to be Brangelina's offspring. Heaven or Hell? Anyone?

"I was given a special gift, some might call it a curse." - Justin Tranter, Gag Reflex

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home